Guidelines for the use of Telehealth for Clinical and non-Clinical Settings in NSW
The Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) Rural Telehealth Working Group has developed state-wide Guidelines for those using telehealth across NSW. The aim of these guidelines is to provide a framework which will support improved use and continuity of telehealth consultations. It provides a focus on the communication and reporting of telehealth consultations for clinical handover and how these consultations should be managed and funded.
- Ability to reduce wait times;
- Focus on patient centred care closer to home;
- Additional way of providing broader care options;
- Implementation of best practice continuity of care;
- Reduced costs and increased safety for patients and health organisations.
- To increase consistent Telehealth usage patterns across the state by providing practical information with useful templates
- Focus on documentation and appropriate clinical handover to provide best practice for continuity of care
- Outline the funding models for telehealth and how to cost and document Telehealth services
- ACI Rural Health Network
- Currently the guidelines are out for consultation where all LHDs, Medicare locals, NGOs, pillars, GP organizations and SHNs are able to provide comment
Once developed this will be a statewide resource for all of NSW.
Key Date (location) Pilot Site Implementation Site
- ACI Telehealth Resource package: http://www.aci.health.nsw.gov.au/resources/telehealth
- Part of priority within Rural Health Network:- http://www.aci.health.nsw.gov.au/networks/rural-health
Implementation Project Officer (Telehealth)
02 9464 4654
Director, Clinical Program Design and Implementation
02 9464 4605
Page Top | Added: 23 September 2014 | Last modified: 3 March 2016