Implementation of the Statewide Pain Plan
To document and implement a statewide pain strategy to reduce the burden of chronic pain in the community.
Following the implementation of the NSW Pain Plan, there will be greater access to expert services, and improved support for primary care, for people living in regional NSW.
The NSW Pain Plan is being implemented over a four-year period from 2012-2016 with funding support from the Ministry of Health.
- Inner West Sydney Medicare Local
- Central Coast NSW Medicare Local
- Illawarra - Shoalhaven Medicare Local
- Hunter Urban Medicare Local
- North Coast NSW Medicare Local
- Western NSW Medicare Local
- South Eastern Sydney Medicare Local
- Western Sydney Medicare Local
- Northern Sydney Medicare Local
- South Western Sydney Medicare Local
- NSW Kids and Families
Year 1 Implementation has been achieved statewide at all hospitals hosting a pain service.
Key Date (location) Pilot Site Implementation Site
Evaluation will take place in 2016.
Manager, Pain Management Network
02 9464 4636
Director, Primary Care and Chronic Services
02 9464 4603
Page Top | Added: 8 November 2013 | Last modified: 20 January 2014